Understanding Supply Chains
With Brexit potentially going to take effect as early as March 2019, it is imperative that companies now start mapping their supply chain if they have not done so already.
In this regard it is critical to understand, on a product-by-product basis:
- WHO IS THE SUPPLIER
- WHAT WILL BE THE IMPACT ON THEIR SUPPLY TO YOU
- WHERE ARE THE GOODS MANUFACTURED
- WHERE THE GOODS ARE SHIPPING FROM
- HOW ARE THEY BEING SHIPPED
- ARE THEY TRAVELLING THROUGH THE UK LANDBRIDGE
- WHAT IS YOUR HAULIERS POSITION
- WHERE ARE THE GOODS SHIPPING TO
- ASSESS DUTY AND CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE COSTS ON AN AS IS BASIS AND IDENTIFY OPPORTUNITIES FOR COST REDUCTIONS
We recommend this is completed as a first step in any Brexit review.
For further information please contact BDO.